NHS funded Sight Tests are available at all our practices and are either 20 or 30 minutes long.
Our Optometrists are highly trained and share a passion for providing excellent clinical and customer care.
The following patients are eligible for NHS Sight Tests:
- Patients aged 60 years or over.
- Patients aged less than 16 years.
- Patients aged 16, 17 or 18 years in full time education.
- Patients registered blind/partially sighted.
- Patients with diabetes.
- Patients with glaucoma.
- Patients considered at risk of glaucoma by an Ophthalmologist.
- Patients over 40 years with a parent, brother, sister or child with or that previously had glaucoma.
- Prisoners on leave from prison.
- Patients that have previously been prescribed complex lenses.
- Patients named on a valid HC2 certificate.
- Patient or partner receiving:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Pension Credit guarantee credit
- Tax Credit with NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Those eligible for NHS Sight Tests are invited to upgrade their booking to receive a Linklater Warren Eye Examination. The Linklater Warren Eye Examination is 40 minutes long and includes 3D OCT retinal scan any other additional diagnostic test that is necessary to provide you with the most comprehensive and clinically relevant eye examination.